Application Procedure

Write directly to the educational institution. The names of the major institutions are available on various websites.

Contact your nearest New Zealand Education Centre or Office. There are some High Commissions and Embassies which have specialised NZECs. If there is no New Zealand Education Centre or Office in your country please contact your nearest New Zealand Embassy or High Commission. Contact local agents and representatives. Many New Zealand institutions have local authorised agents and representatives. The names and addresses of these representatives can be obtained directly from the institution and in some countries from the NZEC.

Write directly to or email Education New Zealand Student Enquiry Officer, Education New Zealand, PO Box 10-500, Wellington, New Zealand.

Education New Zealand also has a centralised student enrolment system, which helps with the placement of international students. Copies of this form are available through the New Zealand Embassies, High Commissions, and New Zealand Education centers.

Note: When applying to study at New Zealand secondary schools and tertiary institutions, you will be required to send supporting documentation. This may include your education records, transcripts, testimonials, and evidence of English language ability (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS and other tests). English Language Schools do not require evidence of English language ability. Applications must be accompanied by original or certified true copies of academic records (translated into English where necessary and with translations certified).

The following websites have extensive information on studying in New Zealand.
For initiating the process of application the students need to visit these sites. Additionally they may also write to the NZ High Commission on

For matters pertaining to student visas and immigration, students should write to: